Our Quality, Health & Safety, Environment Policy
BIL, as a petroleum operations (Exploration, Well operations, Production, Transportation, Storage, Marketing, Service and Refining) and natural gas and liquefield natural gas (LNG) operations (Import, Transportation, Distribution, Vending, etc.) company, performs and provides products or services consistent with national and international Quality, Health and Safety Environmental standards, rules, and practices.
BIL commits to achieve this by;
- Continually improving the performance and the effectiveness of Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental management systems and processes;
- Complying with Turkish Law, International Agreements, and all applicable Quality, Health and Safety, Environmental standards and requirements;
- Training and communicating the policy to the employees, contractor and subcontractor staff with emphasis on their individual HSE obligations;
- Setting annual Quality & HSE objectives and targets and reporting on performance;
- Taking all necessary actions to prevent risks to the health and safety of our employees, our contractor and subcontractor staff, our visitors and the affected communities;
- Taking all necessary actions in order to prevent pollution to the environment from BIL and our contractor/subcontractors’ activities;
- Seeking feedback and responding to concerns of stakeholders and other interested parties;
- Ensuring that our employees, contractors and subcontractors are familiar with HSE Management System and are competent and aware enough to undertake their activities in a safe manner that does not threaten the integrity of the surrounding environment or communities and not damage cultural heritage and archaeology;
- Ensuring that all BIL employees, contractor and subcontractor staff are aware of and understand the Zero Incident Safety Culture;
- Raising the awareness of our employees that all of our activities affect the depletion of natural resources and to ensure that all actions are taken to minimize the consumption of these resources wherever possible;
- Maintaining client satisfaction;
- Minimizing the adverse social impacts on local communities and neighbours through effective community relations.
Dr. M. Atıf ÇAY